Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Again

On Thursday, June 30, Sherry and I completed Super Mario Galaxy 2, again.  I looked back in the blog and found that, just less than a year earlier, we had finished it the first time.

We've been playing it for a couple of hours at a time on the weekends when she's been home from her studies at "The U" and, as expected, we really enjoyed it again.  I appreciate the design of the game, especially how the second player can be so instrumental.  I firmly believe I could not have completed many of the goals without Sherry's help as Player 2.  The very last star, when Mario/Luigi must get through a complicated set of obstacles without ever getting damaged, seems completely impossible to me without help.  Player 2 can grab laser-eyed bad guys and hold them still, can hold rolling electrical segments still, can clear away mines and flying bad guys, and can whisk away the boomerangs flung by the final turtles.  These have no single-player solution, in my eyes. (I'm sure Lucas could do it, but he's, well, Lucas.)

No comments: