Thursday, October 21, 2010

Harry Potter approaches

I am beginning to get excited about the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1. I've been avoiding trailers, but recently I gave in and started looking around.

The website has a great, long trailer which reminds me of the many aspects of the book which made it such a thrilling page-turner.

Shorter trailers exist, too. Like this one (which looks like it might have some scenes from Part 2, as well):



I know I have seen several good movies this year. Iron Man 2 was exciting. The Book of Eli was imaginative and atmospheric. Kick-Ass blew me away with action, comedy and unexpected heroics. Inception took a cool science fiction idea and did great things with it. And, I missed a few movies that others have recommended highly (How to Train Your Dragon, for sure.)

But....

Unless they really screwed this up, when Harry Potter 7.0 comes out on November 19, it will be my favorite movie of the year. Four weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait.

No comments: