Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Too Excited to Sleep

One of the cutest, most appropriate, most memorable commercials of the past several years is the Disney "Too Excited to Sleep" spot, imbedded here. (At least for me, and for my family) [The girls can imitate the little boy in the commercial so well!]




I remember seeing this around the time of our trip to Disney World in 2006. That trip was magical, and one of the best vacations ever. Before any marriages, before any graduations, all four kids and we two parents spent a week together. It was fantastic!

Mickey and the KidsSherry & Adam

Well, this morning, I was reminded of the commercial. Why?

Because I could not sleep. I woke up at 5:early and could not get back to sleep. Today we get to go to the airport and pick Leah up. I have not seen her since we dropped her off at NYU. [Lo, those many years ago.] {But really back in August.} Sure, I suppose it was responsible of me to get in to work early since I have to leave early for the trip, but it wasn't responsibility that kept me awake. It was excitement.

Within hours, we'll have Leah around again, and then we can have all the kids home for Christmas and New Year's Eve. And we'll get to see how much Leah has grown, and how much she's the same. Sarah will get to chat with her around the table while we watch. The boys will get to be big-brotherly (whether that's teasing or being proud or whatever happens) and I'll just get to sit there with her mother and be thankful to have her around.

Our Town

No comments: