Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surprising Statistics

I was curious to know what sort of posts drove people to my blog.  Well, blogger.com has some of those stats, and I found some statistics which surprised me.

My most viewed posts:

#5 - 39 pageviews - Review: Babel 17

#4 - 41 pageviews - What Influence Reviews? Shall I see "Sucker Punch?"

#3 - 48 pageviews - Netflix TV Does It Again - Big Bang Theory

#2 - 49 pageviews - Catcher in the Rye -- Yeah It's a Classic but ...

In every case up to now, I can imagine that the reason for the high number of hits -- hits from outside my circle of friends and family -- would be specific searches for specific topics mentioned in the title. Someone searches for "Babel 17" and gets to me, for example.

But now we get to the single most viewed post ever in Snippets & Wisps. And it's first by a LONG way.

#1 - 202 pageviews (1) - My Life's Soundtrack - Part 1 - Secular List 1

This one is shocking, to me. Yes, I talk about a few songs in here -- songs that people might search for. But to have it get viewed four times more than the #2 post? Strange.

Hmmm, after this analysis, maybe I should do another post like that!

networkedblogs.com sends most of my traffic to me - 1185
google.com is next on the list with less than half of that - 493

And I have had 33 pageviews from Iran, and 34 from Malaysia. 

OK, well at least I found it interesting.

You all go about your day and have a good one, K?

No comments: