Thursday, December 10, 2009

Movie Micro-Reviews: Edition 42

Taking of Pelham 123

65

I liked it. Didn’t love it. Pretty intense for most of the film, and pretty believable. But near the end, it seemed Denzel Washington’s character did things he would not do. Still, worth the viewing.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

88

Initially reviewed in Edition 32.

Sarah and Troy hadn’t seen it, so we watched it again with them.

Angels & Demons

70

Initially reviewed in Edition 32.

Definitely moves along. Sarah tells me there are differences from the book; I’m fine with the movie.

Long Kiss Goodnight

63

Thriller with plenty of action; or Action with some mystery. Die-Hard-esque, but with Geena Davis. A bit too much crude humor, but all in all, I wish Davis would have made another one.

My Sister’s Keeper

70

Heart-wrenching, with interesting ideas. This might have been the first time I saw Cameron Diaz and thought “OK, she’s actually acting.” But the best performances are the two young actresses – Abigail Breslin and Sofia Vassilieva, with the wonderful addition of Alec Baldwin.

National Treasure

81

A clever action mystery. Fun clues.

(I can‘t believe this is the first time I’ve micro-reviewed this movie! It’s on pretty frequently at our house. Or I thought so, anyway…)

No comments: