Monday, November 16, 2009

Movie Micro-Reviews: Edition 41

Another edition, since I've seen quite a few movies in the past month....



Fever Pitch

58

Pretty much exactly what you’d expect from the trailers. OK, except that the Fallon character was a lot more normal during non-Red Sox season than you might think. Anyway, predictable, but OK for a diversion.

Star Trek

90

Initially reviewed in Edition 32.

A thrill-ride. By the time we were 30 minutes in, I was already convinced I want to see more of this cast in these characters. Yes, it’s a re-visioning of the characters. But it fits. It’s great fun!

(On a plane from Hong Kong to Tokyo.)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

88

Initially reviewed in Edition 32.

Very fun, and since I didn’t know most of the story ahead of time, I got to be surprised. “The best X-Men movie?” Not quite. But very good.

(And Blu-Ray #2 for me.)

Lion in Winter

66

Talk about dysfunctional royal families! I liked it more than I expected, to be honest, but I still didn’t follow all the intrigue or motivations. Still, very good acting, especially in the principal roles – Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close.

No comments: