Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Third Man and other items from the week

Offered for your consideration, articles you would have had the chance to see this week, but if you are focused solely on the Dow Jones Industrial Average, or the NFL, or Health Care Reform, or New Moon, you probably didn't.

The Third Man: Weird and cool.

Melatonin: I hadn't heard about this until last month, and now my friend, my doctor, and a news article all mentioned it.

Giraffes making a comeback: For some good ecological news.

Minn. Woman Brings Doula Care To Uganda Mothers: Shocking statistics about maternal mortalityin Africa in the accompanying video story. If you want to read only happy things, just read the story. If you want to realize how important the story is, watch the video.

1 comment:

Michael Hacker said...

My good gracious Man, you hadn't heard about Melatonin? I've been using it for YEARS and I swear by it. Melatonin for men, Valerian Root for women.