Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation Highlights

"No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

Thursday: Birthday celebration dinner with Sherry & the kids. I received "Stargate: Atlantis" Seasons 4 & 5 (Thanks Adam, Marisa, Lucas, Lee), the "Scene It! Star Trek" DVD game (Thanks, Sarah, Troy & Leah), an Action Jacket for my iPod Touch (Just what I wanted!) and a Blu-Ray player and Watchmen on Blu-Ray (Thanks, Sherry!) Then we bought Sherry's new Prius.

Friday: To Decorah for lunch (Chicken & Rice - Thanks, Mom) and presents (3 shirts, and Jarts - Thanks Mom & Dad) and visiting with Paul & Pete (and frantically calling back to Rochester to have Leah get a copy of the back of the car title to Toyota) and enjoying the Fest.

Saturday: Ran the Nordic Fest Elvelopet 5K. (Best time ever.) More Festing. Ran into June & Tim. Saw the lutefisk-eating competition. Went to the 30th DHS reunion and saw lots of people -- will look forward to another in five years so I can talk to more of them. Saw the fireworks in the traditional spot with the traditional people (minus Marshall, plus June & Tim.)

OK, this is just getting too long. Day-by-day won't work. It's not interesting enough. (It was very interesting to do, just not so interesting to read, I think.)

Two golf days (including a 3-pars-in-a-row, never-to-be-done-by-me-again, streak) and lots of movies (see tomorrow's Micro-Reviews) and other very relaxing fun in the beautiful weather.

This was a good vacation. The next one: moving Leah to college. Plans have begun.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

P.S. I got digital cable, and changed my e-mail address. The first is great. The second was a pain.

No comments: