Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yes, I Chose a Gift


It's Minnesota Public Radio Renewal time. Rather than just let it expire and then listen to the pleas between news stories, I just clicked the link and re-upped.

Last year, I didn't take a "Thank You Gift." I normally would prefer that my charities not have to pay for extra things. This year, however, I noticed that they were offering the "Pretty Good Joke Book."


If you've ever heard any portion of the special "Joke Show" episodes of "A Prairie Home Home Companion" then you won't be surprised to know that there are people who would want those jokes gathered together. I am one of them, and when I found out I could have it for a paltry $6 "handling" fee, I ponied up. I'll just consider this extra gift to be part of the service for which I'm contributing this year. Rationalizing, I know that I will spend less time listening to MPR this year since I'm listening to The Great Courses.


As a rule, I don't tell jokes. But I laugh at good ones, and I think any life can be made better by some harmless laughter.

What the hey -- I just want to laugh.

No comments: