Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Edmund is The Man

I saw "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" last night. It was very good. I'll micro-review the film when I've built up enough other reviews to warrant another edition.

I didn't remember much of the story before I sat down to see the film, so I can't comment on how true it was to C.S. Lewis's words, but it worked. While there were some weaknesses, one clear strength was the character of Edmund, played by Skandar Keynes; and I do remember that from the book. Keynes played him spot-on, and it helps that his voice has changed since the first film. Edmund is growing up.

But he's not done growing. I'm excited to see (from imdb) that they are in pre-production for "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" so we get to see Edmund and Lucy again in a couple of years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Skandar gave a fantastic performance. Totally spot on. I wish they'd given him more screen time. He's a brilliant young actor.