Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grand Ole Opry - The Acts

Act

Song of Note

Comments

Jimmy C Newman

A Fallen Star

Became a country star in the late ‘50s. Does Cajun music now, which is what he opened the show doing. I really liked the Cajun stuff. I bet Darrell & Deanna have heard “A Fallen Star”

Rebecca Lynn Howard

Forgive

I’m Not Who You Think I Am

“I’m Not...” was a great song about alcoholism. Really!

T Graham Brown

Darlene

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

What an entertainer – probably the most comfortable, engaging personality all night. And his “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” was a rocking delight! I want it.

Buddy Jewell

Sweet Southern Comfort

Winner of the first season of “Nashville Star”

New country, and pure country.

“Wild” Bill Anderson

Po’ Folks

Old country, and pure country.

The Cherryholmes

This is My Son

An amazingly talented family, with exceptional fiddle, guitar and banjo playing.

Little Jimmy Dickens

“A-Sleeping at the Foot of the Bed”

Mountain Dew

Wow – he is small. And funny. When the crew was setting up the microphone ahead of his entry to the stage, the guy setting the height put the mic at the level of the lowest button on his polo shirt. It was just right.

Terri Clark

Poor, Poor Pitiful Me

Easy on the Eyes, Hard on the Heart

A fine performer! Good way to send us home happy. I think having an audience that had an average age below 72 would have helped her bring down the house.

No comments: