Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Twain to the rescue

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
- Mark Twain

Well said, Mr. Clemens.
----------

Have you noticed that most of the quotes I like are somewhat, oh, I dunno ...

Cynical?

Yeah, that's probably the right word. I like dry humor. I appreciate people who can see past pretense.

"Past Pretense" -- that sounds like a column title.

Anyway, I had the idea that someone like Thoreau might have less acidic quotes. And he does ...

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
[info][add][mail]
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

But he also has some bite:

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
[info][add][mail]
Henry David Thoreau

That's enough for today. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments: