Sunday, March 30, 2008

Music City

Here I am in Nashville. I arrived late Thursday night, and then spent two full days in meeting rooms that were quite air-conditioned. This had me concerned because I only brought three long-sleeved shirts on this week-long trip.

The Gaylord Opryland Hotel Resort & Convention Center is HUGE. Before I left on this trip, I would have sworn I had never been to Nashville before, but it turns out I have been to this conference at this location several years ago. I recognized it once I saw one of the huge ballrooms.

Why didn't I remember having been to Nashville? Am I just getting old and forgetful?

Well, perhaps. But I think the primary reason is because I have never seen Nashville. Once you're in the Gaylord, you never have to leave -- it's all under one roof -- convention center, food court, spa, rooms. And so I suspect I never left it, other than to go out to a mall to get less expensive food, perhaps.

Anyway, the temperature in the common areas is quite comfortable, so I think I'll be OK -- it was just strange; preparing to come South in the early spring, I figured short sleeves would be the most practical attire. For the first two days? Not so much.

Well, it's probably time to hobnob and so on, so that's enough for today.

Doesn't feel like a Sunday!

No comments: