Monday, January 14, 2008

For the Record: Civ again

I started another game of Civilization 3: Complete on Friday, January 11. I am playing the Incas for the first time, and have four computer opponents. I am trying the third level of difficulty (Regent), have made a medium sized map, and have removed the option of winning by taking over most of the land and population ("domination") -- I want to try to either win by completely conquering the world, or winning the Space Race.

---------------

Completed the game, again with the top rank. The opponents were not willing to let me do my wipe-out trick - probably because the level of difficulty was higher. I am using accelerated play, and the final opponent was defeated on 1420 AD. I like the fact that my opponents work towards the good Wonders, so I don't get to monopolize them, but that smart play on my part can get me the best ones, or at least the ones that complement each other well.

Completion was on January 29.

Now I'll put it away and move on to HoMM3 Complete for a while.

No comments: