Monday, March 19, 2012

Movie Micro-Reviews: Edition 83



This edition is mostly Spring Break movies.  Only one "bad" movie among them.  Now, if you have seen none of them, I recommend the first Narnia movie most highly.  But if you want a movie you probably have not seen, but which you should see, it's "The Usual Suspects."


Usual Suspects
74
An excellent “noir” mystery, caper.  And now I know where “Keyser Soze” comes from.
Green Lantern
45
Only worth seeing because it’s a comic book movie.  If you don’t like comic books, don’t bother.  Though it was pretty, it was not well done.  Script disjointed. Too many threads.
Water for Elephants
67
Funny, I liked this “chick flick” better than the two ladies I saw it with.  RPatts can act.  Christoph Walz is another character whose evil lies just below his smile.
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
91
They got it right.  The children were perfect – especially Lucy.  The world was small enough, and the inhabitants fanciful enough, and the Queen evil enough.
Mission Impossible
68
Worth seeing, and some of the cool twists from the show.  The weakest of the series, but it’s a good series.  And Prague is gorgeous!
Mission Impossible II
72
A real Mission, and seemingly Impossible.  Parts went overboard on action, but still really fun.
Mission Impossible III
83
In my view, Philip Seymour Hoffman makes this the very best of the series.  And I find the personal nature of the story much more engaging.
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
70
This movie made me want to go re-read the book.  Maybe I could follow it better now.  Still very weird, but I like weird.

By the way, this is not the complete list of movies from Spring Break. Some spill into the next edition.

No comments: