Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fontainebleau

Fontainbleau, Miami Beach I just got to stay in the nicest hotel room I've ever had. I posted this photo to facebook shortly after I arrived.

It was at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach Florida. What a hotel! It had a club in it which, rumor has it, has a $100 cover charge. It had views like this from the balconies (yes there were two) in the room.
Fontainbleau, Miami Beach
And like this, looking out over the pool from the valet parking area.
Fontainbleau, Miami Beach
But I am not used to living in a place that has so many amenities. It took me more than a day to realize that there were no ice machines on my floor, because, yes, the full-sized refrigerator has an ice maker! (Duh! I had even heard it working, but didn't connect the dots.)
Fontainebleau, Miami Beach
And then, well, I can hardly be faulted for the other silly "mistake" I made. You see, in this huge room, there were many doors. For example, the door to the walk-in closet.
Fontainebleau, Miami Beach
Fontainebleau, Miami Beach
And the door to the huge bathroom. (Make that master bathroom. There were two bathrooms.)  So, as I said, there were lots of doors. But on the last day I decided to open a couple of them. And here is what I found behind one of the doors.
Fontainbleau, Miami Beach
Yes, that's right. A washer and a dryer. I had "washed" two pieces of clothing on my first night by running them under the water in the bath/jacuzzi and putting them out to dry in that bathroom.
Seriously? A washer and dryer?

I have traveled quite a bit for work, but this was remarkable.  (Hence, I am remarking on it.)

If only Sherry had been there.  She could have lounged around that pool, then gone out into the ocean.  I'm told by those who dipped their feet in that the water was warm.

No comments: