Monday, April 11, 2011

ePublished eBook - eDidIt!

Well, I did it.  I had been encouraging Mike to publish some of his work as eBooks, and while doing so, I realized ...

"Hey, I could do that, too."

So, I did it.  I took a story I wrote in the '80s, edited it, created a "cover image" using a piece of art Leah did in high school as a base (thanks, Leah, for the contribution and the permission) and now my story, Mirrors, is on its way to being available on Amazon.com's eBook catalog.

I have never written a full novel.  But part of my investigation into ePublishing uncovered Amazon.com's "Kindle Singles" category, for shorter works.

Shorter works?  That's my style.

Mirrors is a bit over 18,000 words, so it fits right on the lower end of the "novella" class of fiction.  I did once submit it for publication, and received a nice hand-written rejection letter, encouraging me to keep writing, and saying nice things about the story, though the editor said the magazine to which I submitted didn't typically publish pieces which were that long. 

In any case, I've done it.  It's not "published" in the traditional sense, but it's out there.

I'm feeling pretty good.

No comments: