Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TV: Family Guy & Voices

If you read my snippet last week, and if you were confused by the ending, then you don't know Family Guy. [Or you didn't expect that I knew Family Guy. {Or I didn't do as good a job with the surprise ending as I wanted. (Rats.)}]

I only recently started paying attention to it. [I know. 12 years into this irreverent, offensive, rude, funny show.]

But one thing I didn't realize until I started watching it was the number of actors I know who are voice talent on the show. Mila Kunis, Adam West. Nana Visitor. Seth Green. Gary Cole. Jennifer Tilly. Patrick Warburton [one of the most recognizable voices on TV, in my opinion.] And it looks like I've missed some good guest stars, too. Patrick Stewart as himself. [Oh, he was so funny as himself in that scene from Extras.]

It was only a couple of years ago that I recognized how many actors must make their living doing voice work. I still get surprised when a well-known actor is "hidden" behind a cartoon character, though. I shouldn't, but I do.

I now have a couple of comedies which can almost certainly make me laugh within a few minutes. Scrubs. Family Guy. Who knows what else might make me laugh.

[Just think. If I gave it a chance, I might even like South Park.]


No comments: