Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation Magic

The second part of my vacation was spent in Decorah, playing games with Paul, eating too much fattening food, and catching up with him after his "semester from Hell."

Here's Paul, enjoying a game of Magic.
Paul plays Magic

Here I am wondering what to do next.
Steve plays Magic

We also played two games of the Settlers of Catan card game.
Settlers of Catan Card Game

We played 21 games of Magic: the Gathering. They were all really fun. The final Magic game was a draw -- that is almost unheard of in Magic. And, truthfully, it only occurred because halfway through the game I mis-read Slow Motion, (one of his cards -- it's the card in the center of the photo) and Paul let me take back a play because of that. Anyway, it was an awesome way to finish.
The Draw

Some people spend time in boats and cabins with their male buddies. Some go to Vegas, or to ball games. Me? I play games. And, wow, it was great. My itch is scratched for a while, but I have a great appreciation for some of the newer cards in the Magic 2011 set and in the Zendikar block.

Paul and I probably won't see each other again until around Christmas, but this is the only time of the year when we really play intense one-on-one games.


[733]

No comments: