Friday, September 11, 2009

Movie Micro-Reviews: Edition 38

Juno

83

Originally reviewed in Edition 14.

We watched it on the way to NYU, since it’s a movie Leah owns.

Lemony Snickett’s A Series of Unfortunate Events

72

Well put together, with an eerie mood. Carrey was very convincing. I think the director did not focus enough on the kids, but when he did, they were up to the task.

X-Files: I want to Believe

38

Bummer. Just a bad episode in movie format. It answered one or two things about Mulder & Scully’s relationship, and that’s about it.

Drumline

50

The only thing that made this sort of interesting was the music and the drums. I guess I did enjoy a couple of the actors. Leonard Roberts was in Heroes – good there and here. Zoe Saldana was bright, but I couldn’t see why she was attracted to Nick Cannon’s hero. Still, it was a step on the way to Uhura.

No comments: