Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Now Be Honest

Which would you rather?

Spend a week with a stomach flu, come out of it fine, having lost 10 pounds
or
Change your diet and exercise routine for 10 weeks and lose 10 pounds?

I wonder, if we're honest with ourselves, how many of us would really take the latter. We want quick fixes, immediate results. Hey, maybe I'm the only one who would be tempted.

[Still, a week of nausea? Probably not....]

Of course, we can rationalize that the latter change would result in longer-term weight loss. And so we'd have to pick the second option. If anyone were listening. But would we DO it?

[OK, so I have eight weeks. I've done it before. But that just means I know how hard it's going to be....]

OK, Steve. Steel your resolve. It's only 8 weeks. You can do it. One meal at a time.



[Photo by Mark Klotz. Yummy!]

[Then again I haven't had a glazed donut in so long!]

No comments: