Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not a Hermit

Over the past week, I spent a lot of time on my own. Sherry was out of town. Leah had four performances of "Hello, Dolly!" and spent some time with friends. Saturday was the pinnacle of solo living -- Leah left the house before I woke up and didn't get home until 1:00 AM Sunday.

I got lonely.

Sure, I watched a bunch of movies, and did chores, and even spent some time writing.

But it was so strange! No one to talk to!

I could be more "productive" with my "hermit time" if I had it more often. But that's not the point. The point is that I missed human contact. Even if Sherry and I had been doing entirely separate activities, to have had a chance to chat at dinner would have been very welcome.

I am not built for extended solitude, I think. Thank God I have Sherry.

No comments: