Monday, January 7, 2008

What to talk about?

Hillary looked genuine to me -- and for the first time, I understood her passion for the race. It's a shame that so many people take it as a sign of weakness.

Is Blu-Ray really winning the High Definition DVD war? Why do I have the feeling that five years from now, I will have to search hard to find new movies on DVD? Oh, I hope not.

OK, there's been too much "reality" TV even before the strike, but it's getting to be just too much. I am so glad I have several series on DVD.

Speaking of that, I'm on the fourth disk of Season 1 of "The X-Files." I never knew that Don S. Davis played Dana Scully's father.

Mike's observation that, at its core, "X-Files" was a black-and-white show - truly evident in "Beyond the Sea." Very suspenseful, great acting (especially from guest Brad Dourif, who has played twisted characters so well in "Star Trek Voyager" and the "Lord of the Rings" films) and filmed with dark excellence.

No comments: