Friday, October 12, 2007

Goodbye, Dancer -- and Simba



Sometime last night, Dancer passed away. Dancer is the calico. Her brother, Simba, preceded her in death last year. Both lived quietly in our home for many years, providing entertainment, purrs, warmth and love to the family, especially to the kids. Dancer was so named because she was so skittish as a kitten that she often seemed to be dancing. She was stand-offish for much of her life, but became more approachable once she was the only cat in the house. Simba was a big, big, heavy, full cat, who never ran from a hug or a pet or a brush. They fit each other well, and they were a good addition to our home.

Kids, you might not believe this, but I liked them a lot more than you thought I did. But I know, you loved them even more. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you have pets someday that bring you the joy you had with these two cats.

Goodbye Dancer & Simba.

No comments: