Wednesday, August 22, 2007

X Marks the Start

For two years, whenever I would exercise on the treadmill, I'd watch "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine." Earlier this summer, I finished the series, so I knew I would have to choose a replacement show for my exercise viewing.

My options were:
  • Farscape -- I have two seasons of this purchased, but I've only watched one. Since it's sometimes hard to concentrate fully on the story (and especially the dialog) when I'm running, I really don't want to short-change an episode I've never seen, so watching this show was pretty much out of consideration.
  • Stargate: Atlantis -- I only have one season of this, and I'm likely to watch it again sometime with Sherry.
  • Stargate: SG1 -- I've watched these with Sherry recently enough that I figured I'd better let them age a bit.
  • Star Trek: Voyager -- Very tempting, since I just finished a Star Trek. But I think Sherry might want to see them again. And I do have a series that she doesn't want to see again...
  • X-Files -- Yes. This is it. Sherry won't want to view them again, so since I've seen most episodes only once (when Paul lent us the seasons on tape) I'll be seeing something that feels pretty new, but won't require complete attention.
So, that's that. On Monday, August 20, I saw the pilot. Yesterday, "Deep Throat." Two episodes, both in the major arc. I'm sure I'll get to a "monster" show soon, but I'll probably enjoy the arc stories most.

No comments: