Friday, June 1, 2007

And the Winner of the "Perfect Person" Award is ...

... not me.

This week I've been reminded of some things at which I excel, and some areas where I need improvement.

One of my favorite quotes:

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi

I have a few moments in my life which haunt me - moments when it was clear immediately after I did something or said something that I would regret it, and for a long time. I still shudder every time I think of them. {shudder} Well, the regrettable moment this week was not quite that bad, but because I know I'm being evaluated almost constantly these days, my "20-20 hindsight" might turn it into one.

And yet, I had some high points this week, too. I did some things very well, and that, too, was evaluated.

I want to be perfect. I hope, despite falling short, I catch excellence often enough.

{sigh}

Thank God for grace.

May you catch excellence, and may you be happy when you do.

No comments: