Thursday, March 24, 2016

Breaking Bad - Complete

Well, I finally did it.  I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until it was all over, and somehow I was able to watch the whole thing without finding out any spoilers. 

I wish I had recorded, somewhere, the date when I first began watching Season 1.  I know Sherry and I watched the first two episodes together, but, as we'd expected, this was not Sherry's kind of show. 

So, to watch the rest, I had to rely on times when I could see episodes myself.  Mostly, this happened in hotel rooms while I traveled.  But for the end of the series, I have taken advantage of having a Netflix-capable blu-ray player connected to the TV by the treadmill.  As I work to get my 10,000 steps in each day, it's been good to be able to follow the final installments in this masterwork of the episodic form.

Seriously, there are stories which can only be told in movies, but there are also stories which need to be told over longer periods of time.  Breaking Bad is one of them. 

I'm impressed by the creators involved in Breaking Bad.  I'll miss it.  But I'll remember it fondly! 

And now, finally, I know Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, two of the iconic characters of our shared American mythos. 

No comments: