Friday, June 12, 2015

My Last Entry

Dear Readers,

Blogger allows me to write an entry for my blog and schedule it to be published well into the future. So, as I write this, in April of 2009, I intend to schedule it for several years from now.

This idea intrigues me because it's almost like a "time capsule." I hope it will be unearthed at some point in the future, but I don't know what will have happened in the interval.

Why is this the last entry? What might be the reasons that I'm no longer writing my blog?

When I first wrote this entry, I went on to list several negative reasons, but I must have been in quite a mood at that point.  Well, whatever the reason, this is it -- it's my last entry.

So, with that in mind, I have to say the following:

  • Each of my family and friends mean a great deal to me. In each of you I've found more than enough reason to like and love you. You add joy and happiness to my life. If you and I have ever had a disagreement, or hard feelings, you can be sure that I did not carry those feelings with me at the end. It's not in my nature to harbor grudges (my memory is just not that good!) and you have always added to my life.
  • Kids, I love you. If you have kids of your own, you will appreciate just how much love there can be in a parent's heart. How much the happiness and struggles of a child's life affect the parent. I am truly blessed to be your father.
  • Sherry. Wow. What can I say? I love you more deeply, more completely, more intensely than anything in life. From the day we decided we had to be together forever, my life drew into focus, and our love and commitment formed the solid base for everything else. You mean more to me than words can state. Without a doubt, I know that you know that.

And those things are true, no matter the reason for my blog ending.

To anyone who reads this, and to the others who did not, I wish you Peace, Faith, Hope and Love.

No comments: