Monday, June 24, 2013

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee

This is how the Internet works.  This is how marketing works.  This is how you find out about new stuff.

Last week, I was listening to NPR because I hadn't put the next CD of my current Great Course in the car, and I heard the very, very end of an interview with Jerry Seinfeld talking about his latest project: a web series called "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee."  I thought to myself, "I should remember to check that out."

But I forgot.

Then Sunday I was checking the blogs I follow, and sure enough, one of them -- smacksy -- did her weekly Sunday post with links of things she wanted to share with her readers and, sure enough, CICGC was one of them.  Why did she mention it?  Because of the car Jerry and his guest, David Letterman, drove to get coffee.  But that doesn't matter.


So, yes, then I watched an episode.  And I will watch more.  I laughed.  I truly did.  Because, you see, when people are truly comedians -- when they are experts at finding humor in the situations of life -- it's far more enjoyable to watch two of them go out for coffee than it is to watch most TV sitcoms.  More enjoyable, and funnier.

And, while one or two of you will have heard about this series before, I am confident most of you have not. Mr. Seinfeld is already in his second season, folks, so it's not like this is brand new -- it's merely new to me.  And probably you.  So I am telling you about it.

And most of you will not click the link.  This is how the Internet works.

And then some of you will hear about it again.  And then you will watch it.  This is how marketing works.

No comments: