Thursday, June 7, 2012

Silly Zombie Lane

For some silly reason, the silly Facebook "game" called Zombie Lane hooked me many months back.  And, silly me, I continue to spend a few minutes a day clicking silly things in this silly time-waster.

I am NOT trying to talk you into "playing" it.  It's "Farmville with Zombies."  OK, I can't state that definitively, since I never, ever, EVER played Farmville.  But from what I've heard, it's similar, and it has zombies, and you kill the zombies, so Zombie Lane is clearly superior.

But clearly still silly.

The idea is this: Zombies have attacked.  You, the player, can kill them, clean up the area around your house, fortify it, start growing crops to sustain yourself, make friends with your neighbors, and solve the mysteries which always seem to come with Zombies.  I played through the quests, and I have made a nice "compound" for myself. (And my wife, dog, bunny, money and robot.)  The compound requires daily upkeep, because weeds grow, crops need to be harvested (see!  Farmville!) and fences get worn down and so must be mended.

For at least the past couple of months, I have been at the "end" of the game.  There are no further Big Quests.  I have completed them all.  There is no reasonable reason to continue.

EXCEPT.

Except, if you can enough help from your Zombie Lane neighbors, you can build unbreakable brick wall segments.  For some silly reason, I got it into my silly brain that I should try to build a brick wall protecting my home.  And I am SO CLOSE!  [See the picture -- on the "top" is an almost-complete brick wall.]


Zombie Lane

I think I have about 5 or 6 wooden fence segments which need to be replaced with brick segments, and my fortification goal will have been reached.  I will probably reach this goal by the end of June or beginning of July.

And then, someday -- perhaps someday very soon thereafter -- it will hit me.

My goodness, I wasted a lot of my life on this.

There is a redeeming factor though.  Blasting Zombies is quite therapeutic.

[BLAM! ... Take that, you undead beastie! ...BLAM!]

There. I feel much better now.  Silly.  But better.

No comments: