Monday, October 3, 2011

New Electronic Toy

I splurged this weekend. I bought a new toy - a Bamboo Fun "Pen & Touch" from Wacom.

Bamboo Fun Stylus and Pad
Once I figure out how to use the software which came with it, I will be able to do some cool editing of photos.  Adobe Photoshop Essentials 8.0 is included, as is something called Corel Painter Essentials 4.  So if I want to make fake photos, or if I want to become a cyberartist, I guess I have a tool for that. 


After a few hours use, one thing is clear -- I'm no better at free-hand art with a stylus than I am with any other medium.

But honestly, my first goal in buying it is to make cool maps for games.  And I already have an open source program called Photoscape I have tried to use to do simple things.  It was my attempts to create simple maps which demonstrated that a simple mouse was not the tool I needed to create something that looks like a hand-drawn map. 


Wild Lands BasicBut using the stylus and pad, I was able to make this, which my gaming groups will get to use.  And I am excited!




















[996]

No comments: