Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hooked - Ticket to Ride Online

I have written about the Ticket to Ride (TtR) games before.  In particular, Ticket to Ride: Europe is a favorite of the Dudes for Dude nights, and it's also a game my kids enjoy playing over Christmas (and other times, I suppose.)

Anyway.

Several weeks ago, Don told us that Days of Wonder, the company which produces the TtR games, has an on-line version of the game.  I resisted for a little while, but I just bought the whole set of the games and, wow, it's a great way to play.

There is a true on-line version of the game, meaning you can play with other on-line players.  I may do this, though probably only with my friends.  The real attraction, though, is the version which can be played when disconnected -- as a "computer game."

If you are a player of this game (Troy, Sarah, Eric, and, well, the rest of you) and you have some time around a computer (probably not Sarah) believe me: You Will Like This.  The games are shorter than they are in person, and the interface is quite natural.  Double-click to select cards; drag cards to build sections of track -- easy.

Now I have to break it to my time-sucking Facebook games that they will be seeing less of me.  I hope they can be satisfied with the other million players they have.  I know, they'll miss me, but it's time for me to move on.

'cause Ticket to Ride is awesome!

No comments: