Friday, July 8, 2011

Favorite Foto Friday - Golden Gate Bridge

A photo I posted on facebook while we were at the Golden Gate Bridge made it look kinda miserable.  Well, an hour makes a big difference.  When we arrived at the bridge at 10:00 AM, the "marine layer" (aka "fog" to non-Bay Area residents) was still low around the bridge.  By the time we finished our walk onto the bridge and back, the views were spectacular.  (You might have to click the photo below to get taken to the Flickr image -- blogger tends to cut off the sides of pictures that are "too wide" for their frame.)

Golden Gate Bridge - Framed 16x9


[Photo geekiness: I am shooting more photos with 16x9 dimensions -- rather than the typical digital 4x3 -- because new TVs and computer monitors are "widescreen" with 16x9 dimensions. For "landscape" orientation shots, I want to be able to display images on those screens with no distortion. But, because I am me, I typically take a second shot 4x3. You can ask anyone who travels with me. I rarely take just one photo of anything.  So, if you want the 4x3 version of this shot, follow the link.]

No comments: