Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thought I Forgot?

A few days ago, I mentioned a photo of Lucas in a tux. And, as you will see, it's not from his wedding.

Anyway, lest you think I forgot, here are two shots of him looking cool in a tux. First, with Aunt Deb.

1992-5- Lucas and Deb- Tux

Oh, and could the two kids below be trying any harder to stand close enough to each other for a picture, without touching each other?

1992-5- Lucas and Alisha

And now, I am afraid I will have to self-impose a moratorium on photos of Lucas for a while, since I haven't yet asked him how he feels about me posting them. [Late breaking news -- after I wrote this, I called my second son, and he was just fine with this, so he might show up again.]

You know what's funny, though? Parents of children a certain age warn those kids not to post too many photos on facebook or other sites. Yet parents of kids of a different, much younger, age often post pics of the cuties. There are whole blogs devoted to them. And still other parents don't want any photos of their young kids on the internet. The preferences run the entire spectrum.

At what point, if any, should a considerate father ask his child if posting photos of the child is OK? How old does the child have to be?

This is not a question I had to consider as my kids were growing up.

But soon enough, there will be grandchildren. [OK, maybe "soon enough" is too strong. But someday.] And then, the question will arise again. Only with "considerate grandfather" instead of "considerate father."

Ah, these days we live in.

When Facebook's CEO is Person of the Year. [Really?] {Really.}

No comments: