Friday, April 16, 2010

Favorite Foto Friday - My Den!

Today's edition of Favorite Foto Friday breaks with the tradition I've set so far. Why? Well, to this point, I've posted two kinds of FFFs:
  • Photos of things or places that I think are particularly nice to look at
  • Photos of people I know and love, in particularly nice shots
Well, not today. Today my photos are "favorites" because of what they represent. I'll show the photos, and talk about why they show up as "favorites."

Clean Den - Bookcases
My den! For the past several years, while I have been able to use the den, it has not been a place I wanted to spend time in. See that photo of the three bookcases? Well, the corner of the room where two of those bookcases now sit has housed a card table for years. And I mean years! Over three years ago, I stopped selling Magic: the Gathering cards. Yet the table sat there with a few shipping supplies on top of it (with other accumulated stuff), and many, many supplies under it.


Clean Den - Desk

And that nice roll-top desk? There was always a card table sitting by it, which I used each weekend to pay bills and do other financial tasks, but since the card table was always there, it also accumulated other junk.

Clean Den - Closet and Miniatures
And that closet? Doesn't look too impressive does it?

Well, last weekend I devoted most of my Saturday and Sunday to decluttering my den. I threw out a huge garbage bag full of, well, garbage! (Most of which came from that very closet.) I then had room to organize my closet, move my most commonly used games out of my den and into the game closet in the family room (which had room because of the massive cleaning Sherry and I did the weekend before) and I moved two of those bookcases in.

And look! On those bookcases! I have the combination TV/DVD player I bought a couple of years ago with gift money! I can use it now! In my den!

So, these photos are favorites because of the work they represent, and the happiness I feel now that I have a nice place into which I can retreat for financial chores, Magic card sorting, gaming or just hanging out.

Way cool!

No comments: