Thursday, March 4, 2010

News That Matters

Things we might have missed: My dad was talking about a landslide that happened just a few days after the Haiti earthquake. He mentioned that the slide was causing a huge lake to build up behind the slide, flooding many people out of homes, and setting up for a huge flood when the water finally breaks through the loose slide. So, I went looking for news. Sad to say, there are quite a few deadly landslides that have been happening in 2010. I still don't think I know which of these was the one Dad was mentioning -- though I think it might be the Pakistan event.

At least 80 dead in Ugandan mudslide – UN

West Java: landslide buries a village, 15 dead and 70 missing

Portugal Landslide Death Toll Rises to 42

'Up to 37 feared dead' in Pakistan avalanche

For those who pray, please consider including the people affected by these disasters, along with the Haitians and Chileans.

For those who would like to do something material, I regret to say I haven't seen information on which organizations, if any, are providing aid.

No comments: