Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beck Who?

Until last night's edition of the CBS Evening News, I had never heard of Glenn Beck. Yet Katie Couric opened her piece on Beck by stating something like "You can't avoid him."

I saw most of the piece and was surprised that he (who I clearly understood after the first 30 seconds is perceived as a right-wing opinion guy) believes both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are better for the US than McCain would have been (though of the two, he far preferred Hillary.)

Still, from other bits, I see he's a fiscal conservative, and a person who wants the liberal side to recognize that BOTH sides go to extremes when criticizing and vilifying the other.

Anyway, I had not heard of him until September 22, 2009. Now, FiveThirtyEight has a blog entry about him.

I have to decide -- do I read it? Or is he one of those topics that is getting attention now, but soon will fade into the background, only pertinent to those who are listening to him, or those who want to blame him for what his viewers do and think?

With a new TV season opening, and the next elections more than a year away, I'm inclined to ignore him for now.

[And yet, I just gave him attention on my blog.... Hmmm....]

No comments: