Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gaming Vacation

I know you're all dying to find out how the "Magic-al" days went. The total:

68.5 Hours =

32 games of Magic
2 games of the Catan Card Game
1 game of Eurorails

+ lunches, dinners, & chatting.

Bracketed by 5.5 hours of driving on each side.

It made for concentrated gaming, and a mind-clearing few days.



-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Yes, I also slept and ate breakfasts; I also read a few chapters of Seeker, and went for a walk. But these few things were on my own. The items above were all with Paul.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
How did the decks work out? Pretty well, actually, but that wasn't the primary point. To have fun, it helps to have close games. Some decks worked so well that the games were blowouts. But, we had quite a few very close games with lots of strategizing and surprises. That was great!

And, finally, my Phyrexian Dreadnought deck won even though I played the Phyrexian Dreadnought. {In the past, that deck would win if and only if I did not play the Dreadnought. Concentrating all that power in one card is a dangerous tactic. But finally, it worked. Sure, I might have won anyway, but the 12 trampling points ensured it.}

No comments: