Monday, May 18, 2009

Hold 'Em

I made one big mistake on Saturday night. The rest of the night, I just didn't get the cards I needed to push at the right times.

But I did hit one nice flop. [Sorry, Shawn.]

If I had to compete for real money, though, I think I'm better at singing for Rock Band. We rocked a Bon Jovi song, and I even rapped a Beastie Boys song (YUCK!) on Medium.

What's hard for me to believe is that one of Shawn's neighbors said we were "too intense" for him.

I guess, if by intense he means that we pretty much play the game without long pauses to chat, then, yes, we're intense.

But we aren't picky about how we indicate bets and so on. And we definitely laugh a bunch. And we respect each other. So, we could be more intense. [Well, we couldn't -- we just aren't like that.] But some groups could be.

Anyway, I hope we play again before next year. 10 months is too long a break for such a fun game.

Oh, for the record. Lee [J] won both games. Eric did not. I'm not rubbing it in. It's just that Eric had a long streak of wins last year, and I wondered if it would extend into Poker night. It didn't. But now Lee is the one to beat.

[And next time we play, I will not get up for 8:00 church the next morning. Ooooh, it was hard to sing with 4.5 hours of sleep, and a voice which had done some thrashing with Rock Band.]

No comments: