Friday, March 27, 2009

Netflix

Hollywood Video pushed me into this.

I've been a Hollywood Video MVP member for a long time. $15/month and I could take out as many movies as I wanted (limit 3 at a time.) It worked perfectly for the kind of binge-watching we do: weeks at a time without renting anything, then 5 in one weekend.

But they're changing their plans. And we had already decided we'd try Netflix once Leah went off to college. So we're trying it now. Two of our first set of three movies arrived Thursday. Lucas and Eric swear by Netflix, loving the speed of delivery and the wide selection. And, if I can get a cable to hook my computer up to my big TV, I can even watch many movies directly served over the network.

Oh, it's a "Free Trial" of course. We might decide against it.

But I doubt it.

Australia first. The Changeling and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 sometime this weekend.

{Yes, all the women are home this weekend. Could you tell? Not to worry, I have some "Steve" movies picked out for next weekend.}

1 comment:

Michael Hacker said...

Good heavens! Of course not all of them are chick flicks. If I'm not mistaken, the Changeling is a Clint Eastwood directed film, and having read the dossier on the case over at the Crime Library, anything with that subject matter couldn't be testosterone depleting, cycles of the moon oriented, sparklyness.