Thursday, October 2, 2008

In the next two weeks

In the next two weeks, I'll be attending my 25th reunion and my second son's wedding.

Wow!

For many years, it seemed as if I could step right back into a Luther College classroom and resume student life. Over time, of course, it was clear I could not. This was especially true as my kids started attending! Though I've been back countless times, this reunion will be that landmark Silver reunion. I'm looking forward to seeing people, and hoping that a few of my Luther House buddies show up. It's going to be excellent. The twentieth was certainly great, so I see no reason this one won't be.

Yet, as exciting as the reunion will be, it can't compare to the wedding of Lee and Lucas. (I wonder, will she be "LeeAnne" for the wedding ceremony, or "Lee"? Soon, I'll find out!) Though we have several weddings in a short span of time, each is unique and brings just as much fun and love into our lives as the others.

So, if I'm somewhat distracted these days, I could blame work -- but I don't blog about work -- so instead I will point to these two significant events and just say "My mind is elsewhere right now."

May you find yourself thinking about the good things in your life, too!

No comments: