Monday, October 20, 2008

Don't Hug Me

This weekend, we attended three (!) stage shows.

First, we saw "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the Rochester Civic Theater on Friday night. It was the first time I've ever seen the play, in any form. It was surprisingly good. I knew it was a classic, of course, but the TV ads for it did not impress me. I'm glad the production itself was much better than the ads. A sad story, but well written and acted.

Then Saturday night we saw Leah in this year's version of "Encore!" It was fun and well done. And considering it was opening weekend, and the best is yet to come, the Saturday crowds at the Lights at Bluff Valley will have a great time this year.

Sunday afternoon, we attended "Don't Hug Me" at the John Hassler Theater in Plainview. We had seen the original cast several years ago, and they were all there again. Hilarious! Extremely funny songs. Quick-witted dialog. And the actors sell it so well! Ross was born to be a comic actor, in my opinion.

TV & Movies may dominate my entertainment, but there's nothing like a live performance when it's done well, and these all were. What a great weekend!

No comments: