Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Price, Chaney, Karloff - Who Today?

In the "old days" -- probably even before my time -- the names Vincent Price, Lon Chaney and Boris Karloff were well known, and the mere mention of the names conjured up a clear association: horror movies.

Are there actors today who have that niche? There are producers/directors, I think; but are there actors?

Robert Englund played Freddy Krueger. When I look at his entry in imdb, it appears he has been in a number of films which sound like horror. So maybe he's similar. I don't think his name is as well-known as Price/Chaney/Karloff were in their day, but he might be close.

Anyone else?

See, I don't tend to watch horror movies, so I wouldn't know.

But I was just listening to "Thriller" and the question struck me. So I asked.

Anyone?

No comments: