Monday, March 10, 2008

Latest Micro-Reviews - Edition 11

Leah's birthday weekend, so we saw some movies. And I had some solo time on a Sunday in Lent, so I had to watch "JCS" again.

Ocean's Eleven

75

Sorry, Sherry, but I like caper movies. This was not as good as "The Sting" but certainly had the style. And wow, lots of actors: Clooney, Pitt, Damon, Roberts, Garcia, Reiner, Gould, Cheadle.

Across the Universe

82

Excellent use of Beatles music to tell a story; very well performed. I liked all the new faces, and the way the story flowed with the music. Fun, touching, sad, happy. Good cinema.

Dirty Dancing

73

Still some great music, but the story aged. I liked it more in memory. The dancing is pretty cool, though!

Jesus Christ Superstar

91

What can I say. Excellent music. Great setting. I always want to see it during Lent, and it never disappoints.

No comments: