Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spam, Spam, Spam, Series 3 and Spam

Just to prove me wrong, my body decided to become worn out and yucky after my run yesterday. So, with Sherry off to a meeting, I decided to cheer myself up with some Monty Python's Flying Circus. I saw five episodes, including "The Spam Sketch" -- which is remarkably short, but still funny. I remember the album version being longer, but that's probably just because it added the song.

The last episode I watched last night was the first episode in Series 3 (which would be "Season 3" for us Americans) called "Whicker's World." I already think the production quality is better, and the links are tighter.

Highlights from last night:
  • Fish License (for Eric the Halibut, which does not have the song "Eric the Half-Bee")
  • The Hungarian Phrasebook ("I will not buy this record. It is scratched.")
  • Mrs. Premise and Mrs. Conclusion : Burying the Cat & Visit Jean-Paul Sartre
  • How Not to be Seen
  • The Lifeboat Sketch
  • Scott of the Antarctic/Sahara (Eric Idle's American accent is great!)
  • The Undertaker's Sketch
  • The Spam Sketch

There were several good laughs.

No comments: