Friday, October 5, 2007

Latest Micro-Reviews - Edition 4

Bridge to Terabithia

75

Not what I expected, but well worth the watching. Reminds me of Fifth Grade, Gus Bro, and the tree by the railroad tracks.

Premonition

72

Well constructed time-shifting “mystery” story. The payoff was not quite enough for my sci-fi mind, but really pretty good. Were there inconsistencies? Maybe, but I was not distracted by them.

Breach

80

The story of Robert Hanssen’s capture, and the story of the agent who was right in the middle of it. Believable performances. I hope reality was close to this.




This latest batch really makes me think about revising my rating system. I find very few movies in the 40-59 range. And "The Odd Couple 2" and "The Detonator" are the only 30s. The truly awful "Dr. T and the Women" fell below those.

So are my ratings saying that any film above 50 was worth my time? That leaves too much room at the low end.

Or it shows that I'm pretty good at avoiding movies I would not like....

"I think I better think it out again!"




That is a quote from Fagin's great song in "Oliver!"

No comments: