Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sampling Sentences

Here's a little thing my mind likes to do once in a while. You'll probably "get it" when you read the sentences. If not, I explain at the end.

Mishmash:
Let's hear it for the boy under the boardwalk on the street where you live.

1990s:
Believe I will always love you every morning.

1980:
Take your time. He's so shy, I'm coming out.

2006:
You're beautiful. If it's lovin' that you want, call me when you're sober.

2000s:
Don't forget about us when I'm gone in the end.

Musicals:
Any dream will do as long as he needs me for good.
I'll be seeing you put on a happy face for good.
Where or when can I hear the bells on my own?





Explanation:
Song titles are usually pieces of sentences. If you look around long enough, you can find song titles which are phrases that fit nicely together to form new sentences. In fact, it's quite easy to make very suggestive sentences.[1] I've tried to avoid those above. Have fun with them!




[1] I'm afraid the ease with which the suggestive sentences occur to me might indicate some repression. Or else, song writers intend that! A subliminal plot! That's it! Clearly, evil thoughts cannot be my fault -- someone else must be deliberately and maliciously planting them!

No comments: