Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Comic Strip Alert - Zippy

I like comic strips. For that reason, I have links to a few on my blog page.

Zippy the Pinhead is a strip that grew on me over time. When I first read it, I thought "I don't get it, but I think it's saying something, so I'll keep trying."

I completely believe it's an acquired taste -- and not everyone can acquire it. But for those with a dry, wry, cynical bent, give it a try.

Today's strip is more accessible than most of them. It's funny on its own, but in a Pinhead way.

The Zippy the Pinhead website shows the previous day's strip on the front page, but you can click the "Today's Strip" button near the top of the page. I read him by subscribing to DailyInk (I recommend this site to comic-philes.)

The longer you read Zippy, the more impressed you will be with the way Griffith does the strip.

P.S. Zippy has a liberal bent. But politics is a lesser facet of his weirdness. Today's strip is not political at all.

No comments: