Sunday, November 4, 2018

Shows I've Watched - Anchor List

This is the list of "TV" shows I want to talk about in the blog, and remember for the future.  Need more explanation?  See the Explanatory Post.

The List
  • The OA (Netflix) - the show I realized I was forgetting about when talking about great shows I had seen.
  • The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)
  • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime)
  • Sense8 (Netflix) 
  • Jessica Jones (Netflix)
  • The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)
  • Godless (Netflix)
  • Stranger Things (Netflix)
  • Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
  • Longmire (now Netflix)
  • Game of Thrones (HBO)
  • The Crown (Netflix)
  • Downton Abbey (BBC/PBS available on Amazon Prime)
  • Altered Carbon (Netflix)
  • Breaking Bad (AMC available on Netflix)
  • House of Cards (Netflix)
  • Salvation (CBS available on Amazon Prime)
  • Penny Dreadful (Showtime available on Netflix)
  • Mr. Robot (Amazon Prime)
  • Black Mirror (Netflix)
  • This Is Us (NBC) - because way too many people don't watch "network TV" anymore, and they are going to be sorry they are missing this!

That's The List as of now.  I am quite confident I have forgotten at least one show that should be on The List.  I am also certain I will watch shows in the future which should get added to The List.  I hope to remember to do that.  But for now, The List is full enough I can start writing "Reviews" of them.  When a Review is written, I plan to come back to this post and put the link to the Review post.

One more thing: I KNOW that there are some shows which would belong on The List if YOU wrote it.  Many people have seen "13 Reasons Why" and "The Man in the High Castle" and "Making A Murderer" but I have not.  So those shows are not on my list.  The only shows on The List which I have not watched fairly completely (so far) are Game of Thrones and Mr. Robot.  GoT is a special case. Mr. Robot is a show I had forgotten I needed to get back to watching until I started putting The List together!

So, you are welcome to comment on this post and recommend something I should see.  If I HAVE seen it, I will be grateful for the reminder.  If I have NOT seen it, well, maybe I'll start another List Of Shows I Should Try Sometime.

2 comments:

Michael Hacker said...

I love your list and I've seen episodes of almost all of them, and have seen every episode of some of them. One of my favorite shows on the list is Penny Dreadful, an occult-Victorian horror/thriller. I have only watched the first season. There are three, before it was canceled. However, it was originally on Showtime, and is now going to get a fourth season on Netflix. This is similar to another show I know you love and forgot to mention on your list, Longmire, which was renewed for a sixth and final season on Netflix.

Steve Will said...

Mike, as a preview of the review I'll write about Penny Dreadful (and I think I may have told you this) one of its selling points is that the creators seemed to know that season 3 would be the end, and they took the opportunity to wrap up the story in such a way that it seemed like they intended to do it all along.

I have heard, as you mentioned, that the creator is bringing a "Season 4" out, but it's bound to be different. (In fact, the words I heard, from the creator, make it sound like a completely different show -- commenting on social issues? Pfah! Give me horror. Give me monsters! Give me occult-Victorian. In fact, just have me watch the original three seasons again.)