Sunday, November 4, 2018

Anchor Post Exposition - Shows I've Watched in this Golden Age




 I'm not the first to say it, but I certainly believe it -- we are in a "Golden Age" for what are typically called "TV" shows.

There are so many outlets for "TV" shows these days, and so many of those outlets are investing heavily in creating their own new content, that the number of shows is almost unbelievable, if you are old enough to remember a time before HBO started creating its own content -- outside the boundaries of the "Big 3 (or 4 or 5 if you counted Fox and whatever other then-lesser networks were around -- UPN, I'm talking about you) plus PBS."

But I did not start this post to talk about the past.  Everyone who enjoys watching "TV" these days knows that some (most?) of the very best television is created outside the broadcast networks.  With streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and the like competing with networks and the film industry for our leisure time, many stories are being told which never could have, under the old Network options.

So, like most of you, I have watched some of them.  We can't, any of us, watch them all.  But I've watched quite a few.  On this most recent business trip, it occurred to me that I was beginning to forget that I had even watched some of them.  I don't want to forget!  So, what should I do?

When I first started this blog, one of the staples topics was Micro-Reviews.  I wrote micro-reviews primarily for the purpose of remembering.  If I wrote a micro-review, I was more likely to remember more about the film than if I did not.  And yes, I enjoyed knowing that a few other people would read my reviews and might enjoy them.  But the instigating goal was helping me remember.

So, since I am now starting to "forget" the shows I've watched, I decided I may as well take some time, while on a trip, to record my thoughts about various series I have seen.

This entry will be the Anchor.  As I write this post the first time, I will list the "shows" I'm talking about, and then over time I hope to write "reviews" about them.

And, because I think most people who will read this in the future (including myself) will not want to scroll down through this overly long introduction to get to my list, I will create a post which is the Shows I've Watched - Anchor List.

If you've read this far, thanks.  I hope the list and the reviews I plan to write are worth your time.  But if you find they are not, just remember -- you don't have to read them!  We each only have so much leisure time in our lives, and if reading my blog is not worth your time, go find something else to do!  There are many options.  Like the shows in my list, for example!

No comments: